Hello Fellow Facelings,
For those that do not know me, I am the owner and builder of the town of Westhaven and (more recently) leading a larger project to develop the surrounding areas of the town known as the 'Westlands'.
What started as a small goal of building a small town on the Faceland server, has since evolved into a fantastic and friendly experience involving the contribution, assistance and company of many players to transform a sizable portion of the server’s western map into a region with meaning, lore and exploration opportunities.
What’s the purpose of this thread?
This thread has been created to familiarise players with our vision, explain the ground rules and keep players posted on news, developments and ideas for Westhaven and it’s surrounding lands.
Westhaven – Small Beginnings, Big Visions
The town of Westhaven started off as the simple base of TheCommander and PowerPrincess. From its inception, the town has been built on the principle of ‘paying it forward’ and helping new players as much as possible. Homes and shops have always been free and we continue to open our arms to all players showing a friendly spirit and genuine support for Faceland.
Westhaven itself is a gift to the Faceland community offering an interesting location for staff, veterans and new players alike to have fun, kill mobs, celebrate special occasions, and just hang around and have a good laugh.
The first structure (‘Ye Old Homestead) was erected in October 2016 triggering a small community that continues to provide homes and shops to players and opportunities to explore the server’s beautiful custom map.
Running a large town like Westhaven requires specific ground rules to be observed at all times. Most of these rules have come about because of incidents and a need to ensure the Westlands project proceeds with minimal issues (and TheCommander is not spending all his time online solving problems).
- Players must follow both the server’s and our town rules (below) at all times. This includes following the instructions of mayors and town officials. Remember, you’re a guest in our lands and we ask you respect our wishes.
- Players must be over level 18 to be considered for residency in Westhaven….and even then, TheCommander reserves the right to refuse admittance.
- Unless posted with an 'Available' sign, players are not allowed to reside in any structure including those in the surrounding Westlands unless approved by TheCommander.
- No griefing. This includes terraforming nearby terrain, modifying existing building designs or chopping down trees and natural decorations (i.e. flowers). We especially ask that players protect the custom trees which can no longer be generated or regrown on the server.
- Only TheCommander and sanctioned builders can add, modify and remove structures within Westhaven and the Westlands. This ensure that buildings conform to specific standards and common regional theme.
- Residents are welcome to decorate the interiors of their homes and shops as they please, but must not modify the exterior, walls, doors, windows or floors. This is especially important in preventing damage to adjacent player properties and maintaining the medieval theme of the region.
- Players can use available shop space in the town (subject to rule 2) to sell what ever they like. The only condition is that you actually use the space and provide an interior. In other words, don’t hog space if you don’t plan on using it.
- Offensive and racist signs and symbols are not allowed to be displayed at any time. Such objects will be immediately removed by town officials.
- Players who are inactive for longer than 3 months run the risk of eviction if there is a shortage in available properties. If you are evicted, all your valuables will be moved into long-term storage located at Westhaven Harbor (aka The Warehouse of Lost Souls).
- Town officials also reserve the right to evict players who break server rules, harass other residents or just refuse to ‘play nice’.
- If you do choose to leave Westhaven and move on to bigger and better things, we ask you vacate your property (including any player warps) and place an ‘Available’ sign back on the property entrance.
- If you require meat, feathers or leather, ensure you only slaughter animals on farms clearly designated with a ‘spawner farm’ sign at their entrance. This ensures that the region retains its wildlife and natural beauty. We also ask that sheep are NEVER killed, and only sheared for their wool as Faceland does not currently provide sheep spawners.
- Remember to have fun and help yourself to any open chests, free food, and join events we host.
If you have any questions, concerns or need some assistance whilst in Westhaven, Westlands or any sister cities, you can contact the below players if they are online or via Discord.
The official guild of the Westlands is the Custodian Guard
- TheCommander – Mayor of Westhaven, Guild-Master and Westlands administrator.
- Marrow_Lich – Guild Official and Westhaven Official
- GlephixTheSatyr – Guild Official and Westhaven Official
- PowerPrincess - Guild Official and Westhaven Official
- RoseAiyoku – Westhaven Official and sanctioned interior decorator
- ccgreen - Sanctioned interior decorator
- Zen (aka ZenithTheDuck) – Moderator and Town Sheriff
- Kimi (aka C_Kimi, KimiCryo) - Moderator and Town Sheriff
- Violet - Server Admin and Town Sheriff
Westlands and Sister Towns
The Westlands are the surrounding lands around Westhaven. As Westhaven has grown in size, so has the vision to transform neighboring lands into interesting locations to explore and (hopefully some day) complete quests.
In addition, the Westlands connect several player run ‘sister towns' that seek to influence the lore of the region and provide interesting experiences for eager travelers and explorers. These towns are connected by major roads that allow players to easily traverse difficult terrain and offer (somewhat) safe spots during the nights (of course you could just warp to them...but where’s the roleplay fun in that!)
The Westlands also include a sizeable portion of reserved land that has been claimed for the growing needs of Westhaven along with other project ideas at various stages of planning and development. A temporary large wall has been erected around these lands as a means of claiming and preserving terrain, pre-generated structures and specific biome features. We ask players to respect this boundary line and help maintain its integrity.
Sister Towns (or landmarks within the Westlands (Owner IGNs)
- Solar Peaks - Owned by Kernie (Custodian Guard Guild Officer)
- The Grove - Owned by Catalclyst
- Cerulean Keep - Owned by NebelVanDushmer (The Cerulean Knights Guild Master)
What's in Westhaven?
Below is a small sample of things you will find in Westhaven:
- Blacksmith (sells weapons)
- Armory (sells armor)
- Magic Emporium (sells wands, gems, tomes)
- Westhaven Merchant Bank - contains an NPC with similar functionality to the bank at spawn
- Baladon Mines Mob Pit - level 60 mob arena for grinding
- 2 Ballrooms for celebrations and events
- Westhaven Fairgrounds - A large open space for larger community events
- 4 taverns & Westhaven Brewery - did we mention Westhaven has an alcoholic problem!
- Custodian Guard Guild Hall - browse our collection of items named after Westhaven and its officials
- Westhaven Harbor and Port Satyr - excellent finishing spots (and breading areas of the Westhaven Nudibranch)
- The Farmland District - help yourself to free vegetables and spawner farms
- The Sewers - a labyrinth of water passages filled with mobs and only illuminated by redstone torches
- Sail Ships - Westhaven Harbor and Port Satyr are also home to our growing fleet of sailing ships (which are also good fishing spots)
- Bramblewood Road - A scenic road that connects Westhaven to The Grove and beyond
- The Lonely Road - A desert and mountain passage road connecting Westhaven to Solar Peaks and beyond
- Player Stores - Feel free to enter and browse all of our town stores. Most are owned by players and offer many chests filled with loot, unique weapons/armor and other hard to find items.
- Many hidden jokes and secret locations
- Roof-top parkour - even though the town has not been designed specifically for this, many visitors take joy in jumping across our town like a thief in the night!
Please note that some stores contain personal items of TheCommander and may not necessarily be for sale.
As time progresses, we will continue to post updates on this thread and consider suggestions and ideas Faceland players might have on how to improve the Westlands. We also plan on announcing events and new sister towns in this thread. We hope you enjoy your time in the Westlands and remember to continue paying the kindness forward.