Enchantment tomes are books that can enhance enchantable items powerful enchantments. To obtain them, simply kill monsters! They drop from monsters fairly regularly, but you can also pick from a limited selection at the Magic Shop (Wiggles doesn't get out much). To enchant an item, pick up a tome in your inventory, hover over a target item with an (Enchantable) tag, and right-click! Make sure the tome is the right type for the item you're trying to enchant, and that you're near an enchanting table!
Socket Gems are special upgrades that can be used on items with a open (Socket) in the description. Each gem should list the stats they'll give, and what items they can be used on. You use them on equipment in the same way as enchanting, by picking up the gem, hovering over the target equipment, and right-clicking. Socket Gems cannot be removed once added to an item. If you see an item with a (+) tag, that means you can use a Socket Extender to add another (Socket) to it! Items with sockets, as well as gems, drop from monsters! Happy hunting!
Upgrade scrolls are valuable items on Faceland! They can be applied the same way as socket gems and enchanting, but upgrade scrolls can be applied to just about any piece of equipment. Each scroll increases the first stat on a piece of equipment by 1, and adds a +1 to the item's name. The highest you can upgrade an item is +9. Scrolls can only be used on items with an appropriate level. Lesser Upgrade Scrolls for example, can be used on any item from +0 to +2, but once it becomes +3, you'll need a Standard Upgrade Scroll to continue. Read the scroll descriptions carefully - some of them can fail! If an upgrade fails, there is a 90% chance that the item will lose 0-2 levels, and a 10% chance that it will be destroyed forever! Be careful! Like other upgrade items, these scrolls drop from monsters.